Please share your thoughts on Redmond's Resiliency.
Our working definition:
Ensuring that the community, as a whole, is prepared for, able to adapt to, and can recover effectively from disruptive conditions.
- City processes and procedures have the flexibility to pivot and respond quickly to the unpredictable and react/act when needed, including preparing, educating, mitigating, adapting, and managing risk.
- Identifying essential services and vulnerable systems and populations prior to and during emergencies.
- Having multiple paths and backup systems to achieve community goals, with outcomes and vision more important than how that is accomplished.
- Designing and building our community for longevity and flexibility from the start.
- Harnessing information and communications technology in service of the above objectives.
Share your thoughts/stories:
- What does Resiliency mean to you? What does Resiliency mean to your experiences in our community?
- How can we improve our community's Resiliency?