Did You Know?
- A household in Redmond would need to earn about $90,000 per year to afford the average rent in Redmond.
- Housing costs in East King County and Redmond are significantly higher than in other parts of the County - our median home prices list at $818,600 and average rent at $2,095.
- Affordability is defined by the percentage of income that you are paying toward housing and utilities with limited income and calculated based on family size. For example, a home for a family of four in Redmond would be considered affordable if total housing costs are no greater than $2,259 per month, using 30% of monthly income. A two-person household would pay $1,629 or less for an affordable home.
- Only 31% of residents live and work in Redmond. The City’s planning policies encourage increasing the supply and diversity of housing, in order to provide opportunities for people to live and invest in the community where they work instead of spending hours commuting to and from home.
- Providing for affordable housing in Redmond, with a mix of apartments, houses, condominiums, townhomes, duplexes, is a priority for the City and adopted as part of our Community Strategic Plan.
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Email this link